I am Maria Higbee, a California Board of Behavioral Sciences (CA BBS) Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT #115692) located in Lafayette, CA. With a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from The Wright Institute in Berkeley, CA and training in clinical psychology, I empower my clients to overcome their challenges and support them in finding the peace and healing needed to thrive in life.
I have an innate ability to connect with people, and a gift for making others feel seen and supported. I believe it is my purpose to serve as a voice for those who do not have support within their own families or communities. In my practice, I work with adolescents, teenagers, adults, and families to assist them in their struggles.
As a therapist, I help individuals develop an understanding of their emotions, cope with anxiety and depression through the use of helpful tools, teach them how to effectively communicate, and provide grief and crisis management. I specialize in working with all genders, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, bodies, and sexual orientations, and operate on relational, interactive, and collaborative bases.
In addition to my office in Lafayette, I offer remote video sessions to California residents. My practice is a safe space for those wanting to feel empowered by an optimistic and compassionate individual who is extremely loyal and dedicated to each client. I ensure you will be supported and challenged to grow in our counseling sessions so that you will be able to transform into your best self.
- Bay Area Community Resources- Rodeo Elementary School and Grant Elementary School
- Bay Area Psychotherapy Institute
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, The Wright Institute Berkeley, CA
- B.A., Liberal and Civic Studies, Saint Mary’s College of California Moraga, CA
- Marriage and Family Therapist, Board of Behavioral Sciences, License #115692
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist
- Therapy Den
Reach out for a free 15 minute consultation